FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit P2 from HVX 200

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amir Abed
Edit P2 from HVX 200
on May 9, 2013 at 12:17:33 am

Hi everyone, I'm doing my first project with P2 from an HVX using Avid Media Composer 5. I'm trying to figure out how to import or AMA the footage. Everything I read says I need to "install the correct drivers from the panasonic website". The only problem is the site has lots of different drivers and I don't know which specific ones to use and nothing I read mentions specifics. The other issue I'm having is for some reasons I can't find the panasonic site anymore it's disappeared from my computer no amount of Binging will find it. Does anyone have a link to it and can also tell me which specific drivers to use?

Return to posts index

James Beattie
Re: Edit P2 from HVX 200
on May 9, 2013 at 1:30:24 am

Not sure if you are looking for Mac or PC.

According to the Avid ReadMe (found with your installer, or here).

Panasonic P2 driver (Windows XP and Vista) Driver
version for P2 devices: v2.09
(Macintosh) Driver version for P2
devices: v1.33

https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main...

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

Amir Abed
on May 9, 2013 at 7:56:54 pm

Thanks for the help I've installed the driver (Mac version) but I am still unable to import the P2. The camera mounts to my desktop and I can go into the P2 content folder. But in Avid I don't have an import p2 under the file menu. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on May 10, 2013 at 8:17:00 am

Have you tried copying the whole P2 folder into a named folder per card onto a hard drive and try to AMA access from there?

Return to posts index

Amir Abed
on May 10, 2013 at 9:02:15 am

I've copied the P2 clips from the Hvx to my desktop (I wont be keeping them there it's just temporary until I get this working) I've also placed the folder in the avid media file folder. Is that what mean?

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on May 11, 2013 at 10:11:26 am

Media should not be stored on the system drive.

I have external ( fast, raid, thunderbolt and FireWire, not USB) drives.
The avid media folder is at the top level where it stores imported, consolidated or transcoded mxf files.

I usually store xdcam and P2 card folders in their own folder and AMA access from there, some times is more successful than trying to access directly from the camera.

From there you can consolidate or transcode to an avid codec if you want.

Steve

Return to posts index

Amir Abed
on May 12, 2013 at 12:46:09 am

Thanks for the reply I know the media is suppose to be stored on another drive and never on the system. I just have it there temporarily while I try to figure out how to import the footage to media composer. I have the Panasonic drivers installed. But I am still unable to link though AMA or find a file import P2 option. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]