FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatic Duck from FCP 5 to Avid MC 5 is this possible

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cammie Noel
Automatic Duck from FCP 5 to Avid MC 5 is this possible
on May 8, 2013 at 12:43:35 am

I have an old version of FCP ( FCP 5 ) on an OLD G5 Mac. I am trying to get my feature off of the Mac in FCP and finish it in Avid MC 5 on my much newer PC machine. I am trying to use Automatic Duck to do this ( I exported it with Automatic Duck) but can't seem to get this to work, I am unfamiliar with this process and these file types. I also have many of my files linked to different HD's in the mac due to lack of space from long ago and some file name issues that have taken days to resolve and relink in the Mac. I now have the film linked to the different hard drives in my mac successfully, but I would still like to finish editing the film in Avid instead due to the slowness of the old mac. Can anyone help me figure out a fairly easy way to do this or is that even possible?
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

James Beattie
on May 8, 2013 at 1:01:28 am

There a few more variables here than meet the eye.

First, we need to open your project in a later version of FCP.

Then we need to export an AAF of your final sequence into Avid.

Then we need to confirm that it will link with AMA files (Not entirely sure all formats are supported with AMA in Avid 5.0). Or batch import the QT files (AMA will be infinitely faster and efficient).

What was your project shot on? If your footage is in Prores, there is a fighting chance. If you shot HDV, and ingested it in that format, then your options may be limited.

I can't offer much, but I can try to help you move it forward a bit.

You can contact me at avidmedic@gmail.com and we will see if we can get any of this to be successful.

I am willing to offer a few minutes to try, if nothing else for my own curiosity.

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Automatic Duck from FCP 5 to Avid MC 5 is this possible
on May 8, 2013 at 1:24:55 am

Did you have the Duck convert the media to MXF? Did you then put the files into the Avid media file structure?

Did you watch the demo movies? (upper right of this page...look at FCP 7 to Avid 2)

http://www.automaticduck.com/products/pefcp/#

Although that is for FCP 7...it might not be compatible with FCP 5.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]