FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving clips from one sequence to another

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Neal
Moving clips from one sequence to another
on May 4, 2013 at 1:34:15 am

Hey,
I'm a new user for Avid Media Composer and I've been workin in multiple sequences for a project and am trying to take edited clips from one sequence to another. I know in Final Cut this is done by a simple drag and drop, but I don't know how it's done (or if it even can be done) in Media composer.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Moving clips from one sequence to another
on May 4, 2013 at 4:16:17 am

Highlight the tracks you want to copy over. Mark in and out. Press "C". This will copy to the clipboard. Then go to the Preview Monitor menu and choose Load From Clipboard. Or hold Control Opt when pressing C and it'll do this.

Mark in on your destination. Choose track destination. Insert or overwrite edit.

Or...Use the select Arrow (red one) to select the clips, or draw a box around the ones you want (upper left to lower right), and then Copy. Go to the new sequence, Paste.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nicholas Neal
on May 4, 2013 at 9:53:44 am

Thanks, that worked out.

Return to posts index

Jef Huey
on May 5, 2013 at 2:31:08 pm

The way I would do this is to load the "source sequence" in the source window, Mark In and Out, go to the record window, Mark In, set track patching the way you want and then insert or overwrite as needed. Unlike other systems, this does not make a nested segment, it does what you asked to do. Many advantages of this method in my opinion.

Jef

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on May 17, 2013 at 6:49:39 am

And if you want another way to do it, select the part of your sequence with in and out, then hit ctrl+alt+c which will pop just that selected part into the source monitor. From there you can put it into other sequences, but it will also let you put that selection back into the sequence from which it came, which you cannot do if you load the source sequence.

Return to posts index

Olivier Prudhomme
on Sep 11, 2014 at 6:17:05 am

This is one of Avid's flaw.
So many keystrokes and mouse moving for something that requires 3 or 4 in FCP....

Return to posts index

David Gaudio
on Jan 17, 2015 at 2:05:26 am

Or PPro CC, for that matter. Same procedure there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]