FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie - Audio Keyframing

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Edwards
Newbie - Audio Keyframing
on May 1, 2013 at 7:15:24 am

How do I make audio keyframes adjust the volume across multiple clips? Using the apostrophe key puts in a keyframe but this stops at the end of the clip. I'm trying to drop the level of a number of clips whilst other audio is going on on a different track.

Return to posts index

dan crouch
Re: Newbie - Audio Keyframing
on May 1, 2013 at 8:39:11 am

You can either put key frames on each audio clip, then mark an in and an out between all the clips you want to adjust. Then you can change all clips between your markers. I'm not in edit atm, you may need to hold down alt also.

I usually make the tracks big when using audio key frames.

The other way is to mark your in and out on the tracks you want to adjust, say 3&4. Then in the audio mixer, make sure you have the gang linked turned on for 3&4, thats the green symbol above the channel fader that allows you to symaltaniusly move multiple faders. Then turn up/down volume to required amount. You then go to pull down menu on mixer and select 'adjust level between in and out' again not entirely sure of wording here. This will adjust all levels between markers to your mixer level.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 1, 2013 at 8:52:17 am

What version of Avid?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on May 1, 2013 at 9:24:38 am

Hi Shane: 6.5

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on May 1, 2013 at 10:07:20 am

You can put a keyframe on each of the clips you want to adjust, then lasso those key frames and move up/down. Or you can adjust multiple clips using in and out points the mixer grouping tracks and selecting 'set level on tracks - in/out' from the hamburger menu

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on May 1, 2013 at 10:16:47 am

Thanks, Paddy: I'm going to show my ignorance: what mode do you have to be in or what must be selected before you can "lassoo"?! Thanks!

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on May 1, 2013 at 10:47:16 am

No worries, if you hold alt it activates lasso.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on May 1, 2013 at 10:49:24 am

Thanks, Paddy: brilliant.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on May 1, 2013 at 11:25:01 am

This behavior in 6.5 differs from earlier versions where lassoing was not necessary...just track selection. It has been a topic of heated discussion on the Avid Community board, and may possibly be regarded as a bug. Look for this to be changed back to the original behavior in 7.x.

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on May 1, 2013 at 11:27:44 am

Thanks, John.

Return to posts index

Oliver Parker
on May 2, 2013 at 2:56:48 pm

Have you tried putting In and Out points across the rage you want altered, selecting the track you want to adjust and all keyframes should move at the same time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]