FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid: Bringing in a consolidated file

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Davies
Avid: Bringing in a consolidated file
on May 1, 2013 at 3:05:45 am

I'm trying to bring in a consolidated file that a previous editor has created, however Avid wont relink with the media. Its on a different disk but the media is there. Does anyone know why this might be or am I missing something?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid: Bringing in a consolidated file
on May 1, 2013 at 8:31:48 am

How are you trying to bring it in?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matthew Davies
on May 1, 2013 at 11:25:00 pm

All the metadata from the consolidated project is in our library along with the media. I'm just opening the consolidated project as if it was a normal project and whilst all the information is there it doesn't seem to recognize the media files so the projects entirely consisting of "media offline". I've tried right clicking on all the ".new" files and relinking but it still wont recognize the files. The media has been moved from the original place that AVID put the files but this shouldn't affect it should it? Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 1, 2013 at 11:47:19 pm

Is the consolidated media in the proper Avid media layout? Meaning, on the root level of the drive in a folder called "Avid MediaFiles," then MXF and then a numbered folder, like "1." Unless the media is EXACLTY that configuration, Avid won't see it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matthew Davies
on May 2, 2013 at 12:11:53 am

Haha yep that would be it. Thanks a million, you've just saved me a huge headache!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]