FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trivial but persistent question re. hi-lited clip text

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
Trivial but persistent question re. hi-lited clip text
on Apr 30, 2013 at 9:40:01 pm

When I do sub-cliping (which I do a lot), there was a time when the name(text) of the new sub-clip would already be hi-lited, ready too accept a new name. For me that feature is long missing. It seems trivial but when you feel your wrist ache with carpal tunnel coming on, doing the mousing hundreds of times to hi-lite the clip text to change the name, doesn't seem trivial. Can this be fixed or adjusted?

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Trivial but persistent question re. hi-lited clip text
on Apr 30, 2013 at 9:54:53 pm

What version are you on? I had some strangeness with Symphony 6.0 where subclipping didn't highlight the clip name, but it seems to be fixed in 6.0.3.2. Check if there are any patches available for the version your on.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on Apr 30, 2013 at 10:16:22 pm

I have MC 5.0.3 but I freelance around using different Avids, not hi-liting the text seems like the new normal

-P

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on May 1, 2013 at 1:32:25 am

It shouldn't be. I posted this same issue on the Avid forums months ago when I ran into it and it seems to be intermittent. I was having issues on Symphony 6 but upgrading to 6.0.3.2 fixed it. Other people never had the issue on v6.0.

Have you tried new user settings? That might fix it.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on May 1, 2013 at 9:52:28 am

I've had this intermittent glitch since version 3.5, if you close the bin then open it again it goes back to highlighting the name again.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]