FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio @ 24 fps, picture @ 40 fps - Can it be sync'd?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew thompson
Audio @ 24 fps, picture @ 40 fps - Can it be sync'd?
on Apr 26, 2013 at 11:30:05 pm

Is it possible to apply an a timewarp to video that was shot at 40fps (yes, 40) that will accurately sync it to audio that was recorded at 24 fps?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Audio @ 24 fps, picture @ 40 fps - Can it be sync'd?
on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:11:52 am

If you AMA link to it, Mix & Match will kick in and keep duration the same, so in theory, it will be in sync. How tight on a per frame basis remains to be seen but certainly passable at play speed.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:55:20 am

HOw is one going to edit 40fps when there isn't a project setting for 40fps? That's what's got my curiosity.

That and what will you be delivering as that takes 40fps. Very odd number.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 27, 2013 at 1:31:37 am

I am understanding the original question to be taking a 40fps and timewarping it to be in sync with 24fps audio Since audio has no real frame rate, I am making the assumption he wants picture at 24fps from a 40fps shoot. Mix and Match should do that is takes whatever and maintains original duration.

Michael

Return to posts index

andrew thompson
on Apr 27, 2013 at 1:35:58 am

Thanks for you time, guys.

Michael, Im not familiar with the "mix and match". If you have a moment could you describe how to perform such a thing? You mentioned AMA - Would I somehow link the 23.98 audio file with with 40fps picture?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 27, 2013 at 1:44:34 am

If I am correct that you want to take what might be 1 minute at 40fps and turn it into 1 minute at 24fps so it is in sync with audio that was recorded at the same time.

If so, and depending on the codec of the video file, AMA is just the ability to "link to" the file. If you do so from a 24fps project (most likely 23.976) unless you're in a "PAL" based country. Once the clip in the bin, you can transcode and it will end up being a converted 24fps clip. From there you sync audio in the timeline or via the methods I describe in a thread a few message down:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/45/891544

Michael

Return to posts index

andrew thompson
on Apr 27, 2013 at 2:02:26 am

Thats remarkable.

Our camera dept made a mistake and one camera on one take recorded at 40 fps today. The editor wanted to screen the material in a usable form so I made a sequence of just the NG clip, then tried to apply a timewarp to the picture. As you may have guess, there was a constat drift that I was not able to overcome.

At any rate, once I get the camera file I im going to give the mix and match method a shot. Thanks - Have a good weekend!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]