FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animaorphic footage + blow up to resolve

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Milling
Animaorphic footage + blow up to resolve
on Apr 23, 2013 at 10:29:48 pm

Hi guys, bit of a problem, usually when i edit a piece (via AMA) i can export it to a aaf file and then import it to Resolve and it all connects easily.

However with this current project i am running in to some issues.

The footage was shot at 2816x2304 anamorphic. I have managed to load up some files, however due to the lack of shots many i had to create some CUs ( i know i shouldnt, but there was no way around it). To do this i used blow up and a crop effect to get the black bars match in AVID, however when i import them in to resolve the it will not accept the blow up effect and i get the following

'effect blow up 2is not supported, plain clips will be imported only'

From what i can gather is that basically Resolve does not like the blow up effect, this can left me wondering what i do from here.

I think my only option is to get them to colour the whole clip and then i will have to create black bars in post, to make those shots match.

Any advice would be helpful.

Ricky

Return to posts index

James Beattie
Re: Animaorphic footage + blow up to resolve
on Apr 24, 2013 at 1:16:36 am

I searched, and this may help. I do not know Resolve enough to walk you through the steps.

I do know that the AAF integration is basic, and it can't have any effects from Avid.

http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/overlays-external-fill-davinci-resolve-9/

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 24, 2013 at 1:30:00 am

Use the "resize" effect and not "blowup" which tracks changes in traditional field charts. I just did a test with resize and AAF to Resolve and it worked fine.

Michael

Return to posts index

Ricky Milling
on Apr 25, 2013 at 11:50:47 am

Hi, resize works great, it keep the zoom in and keeps any keyframes i add when i rightclick and select use AAF atributes, however it has lost the black bar that i have added so it matches the rest of the anamorphic footage. Im not sure why this is, as its the same effect?

Any more help?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]