FORUMS: list search recent posts

Power mangement for AVID High Performance

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Howard
Power mangement for AVID High Performance
on Apr 20, 2013 at 11:49:22 am

Hi ...
I have MC6 and have followed the recommendation that the power management be switched to "High Performance". This makes the screen noticeably brighter.. which is fine, footage looks nice and I edit away, until I export a file and upload to vimeo or whatever, then, when I view on another computer the video is noticeably darker... too dark ... (other vimeo videos look fine on this computer)
Am I missing something??

Alan

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Power mangement for AVID High Performance
on Apr 20, 2013 at 2:44:58 pm

That is why you need a broadcast monitor. It doesn't matter what you set your brightness to, nobody else on the earth is going to have theirs set to the same brightness. If you are on a PC, the people on macs will complain about the blacks.

All you can do is color your shows to a proper standard. After that, you can't try to control everybody elses computer screen, it will drive you crazy.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Alan Howard
on Apr 20, 2013 at 2:54:03 pm

Thanks .. I know that makes sense but prior to MC6 my online stuff looked fine straight out of the laptop (No online/QC to worry about) .. I wondered if the Power management brightening the screen was something other people had noticed....

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 21, 2013 at 3:52:18 pm

but did you change you monitor settings after you switched to MC6, or before. Guessing after?
if so you have done the same thing that i am describing...making your monitors settings different...this time from what you are used to working with. So now you see stuff brighter, and naturally drop it down. Your clients haven't changed their monitor, so they only see that you've dropped it down.

Put your settings back to default if this gets you back to "normal". Power management will not affect how avid runs, unless you are running off battery, in which case your current settings will simply drain the battery faster.

One thing i do for some clients, who insist i colour correct for their computer screen is setup a preset
in mpeg streamclip to adjust the colour brightness and contrast of an output file for that particular client. Takes a couple of trys to set it up so they are happy, but from there, save the preset with their name, and use it for their outputs. Look under the adjustments tab.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]