Avid changes Audio Quality

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Hackstein
Avid changes Audio Quality
on Apr 20, 2013 at 4:06:44 am

Hey,

http://www.fileden.com/files/2013/4/20/3438526/test.mp3
(first 4 seconds is good audio, the after a short pause the same passage bad audio)

I am a Final Cut user and decided to migrate to Windows and it's not going well.

Here the problem: I composed music in FL Studio, exported in high quality as wav. The wav sounds great, all instrument sound rich.

But when I import it in Avid, and double click on it to listen to it in composer, it sounds flat, the bass is gone completely. Someone not working in sound will most likely not hear it, but I hear it instantly. And if I render and export it out of AVID the audio is still bad.

Can't find the reason why... :(

Years ago, I believe in 2009, I migrated to Adobe Premier and it turned out to be a disaster so I had to go back all because of little problems like this one. Never happens in FCP. One extra question would be, how do I replace the Soundtrack Pro? I only need the sound effects and library not the software itself. Would be nice to know.

Thanks in Advance
Sam

Return to posts index

James Patterson
Re: Avid changes Audio Quality
on Apr 20, 2013 at 7:04:02 am

Hi, the file cant be found.

Are you bringing in a stereo file? If so what are your audio settings, tracks centred or alt L/R? If your tracks are centred you could be having phasing issues.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Sam Hackstein
Re: Avid changes Audio Quality
on Apr 20, 2013 at 2:36:05 pm

Found it myself going through all the options. Yes, it was the solution.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]