FORUMS: list search recent posts

720p project - need to capture 1080 tapes, best way to handle those files?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Roberts
720p project - need to capture 1080 tapes, best way to handle those files?
on Apr 17, 2013 at 11:38:28 pm

Hi all,

I have a half hour show that had the first half shot on 720p59.94 DVCPROHD tapes - this is what my project is setup as in MC652, 720p59.94. They shot the second half (act 3-5) on DVCPROHD tapes at 1080 59.94. I'm capturing on a 1200A deck via firewire and can only view the footage or capture footage when I start a new project at 1080 so I started a new 1080 project in MC652 just for capturing these tapes. What's the best way of handling these files once I'm done capturing all 20 tapes so I can edit the 1080 footage in my master project at 720? I really need to avoid transcoding down time as I also have tons of GoPro footage I'm wrangling as well. Thanks!

FCP / AVID EDITOR
Features : Television
http://www.DefiningFilms.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 720p project - need to capture 1080 tapes, best way to handle those files?
on Apr 18, 2013 at 1:52:27 am

Bring the bins from the 1080 project into the 720p project, and just start cutting away. You'll get a green dot on the footage, meaning it's a different frame rate. But Avid deals with that just fine.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bryan Roberts
on Apr 18, 2013 at 2:42:24 am

[slaps forehead] so easy, thanks Shane, as always. Hope the new house is treating you well! Would be curious to see pics of the garage conversion, I'm about to embark on the same project myself - to move my edit bay out of the house to our detached garage so clients don't have to encounter the screaming newborn inside :)

FCP / AVID EDITOR

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 18, 2013 at 2:43:47 am

Welcome.

I guess I can show current setup. I really want to add a wall or two to separate me from the storage part of the garage...but that will have to wait until I catch up on bills. And unpack more.

Good luck.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bryan Roberts
on Apr 18, 2013 at 2:55:51 am

Pics? :) - I had the same thought with ours as we still need it for storage but also we plan to sell in 5 years so don't want to put in walls. Planning to create a faux wall with a pair of those big black ikea free standing bookshelves side by side about 6 feet off the garage door to make a storage cooridor (the ones with the spotlights to add some pop and solid backs so you can't see behind them) and pickup some modern looking 5 panel frosted glass sliding closet doors (they sell knock offs for about $500 at HD that look like the really high end ones) to go on one side of the shelves to make a door to the storage back. I'd share pics but I'm not putting it together for a few months, gotta recover from the brutal tax check we just sent off :/

FCP / AVID EDITOR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]