FORUMS: list search recent posts

open exr in # seven

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Gasc
open exr in # seven
on Apr 17, 2013 at 10:24:56 am

Will open EXR finally be supported in the coming version ?

This is a feature I'd really like to see because all Nuke ops are using it here.
I guess Resolve will still be the only way, but it would not be a luxury to have a support in MC, as DS (if it seems that Avid is not going to develop DS in the future it would be great if they could merge some DS capabilities into the symphony version).any news on this front?

Fred.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: open exr in # seven
on Apr 17, 2013 at 1:07:14 pm

There was no mention of OpenEXR, DPX, or CinemaDNG at NAB, when asked, the only response was; "not in this release". And since they cannot speak to features beyond the quarter boundary (end of June), there may be an update to that story come IBC.

In theory this would be done via AMA, and now that there is LUT support at the front-end of the process, at least related support for the frame-based formats is there. The concept of AMA is that the camera manufactures develop the plug-in for their camera, keeping Avid from having to do them all which is good, but in the case of open formats such as OpenEXR, DPX, and DNG, it ends up in no-man's land as someone would do the work for everyone else to benefit from - even their competitors. It is in these open formats that I believe Avid should provide, but are now subject to engineering resources and prioritization.

Michael

Return to posts index

Fred Gasc
Re: open exr in # seven
on Apr 17, 2013 at 1:42:56 pm

Thanks for those clarifications Michael.

Cheers.

Fred.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]