FORUMS: list search recent posts

font weirdness in avid (and final cut, too)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Tomich
font weirdness in avid (and final cut, too)
on Apr 16, 2013 at 1:15:29 am

I've been having font issues the last few days on both my Mac Media Composer (v.6x) and FCP (v.7.03). The details are too long and boring, but basically, I'm wondering where either/both of these apps source their fonts. I've set my Macs (several) back to their default font collections in FontBook, and made sure no other font libraries are activated. I then find that I can turn off fonts in FontBook, and they still turn up in both Avid and FCP. I have also looked thru other OSX (10.7.4)library locations, and again, nothing there.

On the other hand, I have had the recent experience of fonts that the apps couldn't see, until they were imported into FontBook or another shared library, such as FontAgent Pro.

Any ideas? I had assumed that by disabling fonts in FontBook, they would be unavailable to apps. That's the...uh, point, isn't it?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Steve Tomich
KGO-TV, San Francisco

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: font weirdness in avid (and final cut, too)
on Apr 20, 2013 at 3:13:38 am

Have you tried the Validate fonts in Font book?

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Author/Master Instructor/Speaker/Consulting
My contact info and more
New! Come see me speak @ NAB/Post Production World!

Return to posts index

Steve Tomich
Re: font weirdness in avid (and final cut, too)
on Apr 22, 2013 at 4:44:41 pm

Thanks for the reply, Jeff. When I run the "Validate Fonts" command, I get a list of fonts that apparently have duplicates. None of these, by the way, are the fonts that I've been having trouble with. Armed with the list of duplicates, I then go to Edit>Look For Enabled Duplicates, and the Mac tells me there are no duplicates to be found. Agh.

I have looked around in the various folders that can be used for storing fonts, and the Mac's fonts seem to be in the proper place (the Local/Library/Fonts folder). When I cross-check the duplicate fonts listed in the Font Validation window with those listed in the Fonts folder, I find no correlation.

BTW, this is all being done with only the Mac fonts active--my FontAgent Pro libraries are all turned off.

So....Still looking for answers. All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]