FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDMI output card

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugh Haynie
HDMI output card
on Apr 15, 2013 at 7:52:10 pm

I'm looking for an HDMI output card for my Mac Pro tower. I have MC6 running on my mac pro with 2.8GHz quad-core xeon, 10GB 800MHZ Ram. Looking for something to provide video for a client monitor, compatible with MC6 and beyond. Added plus if it will output any video i play on the desktop, or duplicate what's being played on the desktop.

Can you give me recommendations?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: HDMI output card
on Apr 15, 2013 at 10:01:06 pm

AJA IO Express
Matrox MXO2 Mini
Decklink Intensity Pro

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

James Beattie
on Apr 16, 2013 at 12:44:03 am

I agree with Shane.

Make sure whatever card you get has the ability to output analog audio. When you have an output card, Avid will port the audio through that card. We had this problem with the T-tap and a Thunderbolt device. We ended up having to deembed the audio to hear it.

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

Hugh Haynie
on Apr 16, 2013 at 5:02:29 am

thank you gentlemen.
the Decklink Intensity Pro looks like it's what i need. it doesn't list Avid as what it processes. Can anyone confirm it works with MC6?

-H

-H

Return to posts index

James Beattie
on Apr 16, 2013 at 1:42:52 pm

According to their website, it is compatible. The driver package also installs the driver for Avid.

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/software/

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

Hugh Haynie
on Apr 16, 2013 at 2:28:48 pm

Thank You Again. I didn't see MC6 listed in the "World's most popular editing software", or when i looked on the B&H site. that threw me off. Thank you for tyhe confirmation. this is exactly what i need.

-Hugh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]