FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio sync issue on MC 6.5

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mynor rodriguez
Audio sync issue on MC 6.5
on Apr 3, 2013 at 11:53:58 pm

Hi, Im new to MC 6.5, and having trouble with my audio going out of sync with my clip after importing it through AMA from my local disk drive.

This doesn't happen with all clips just certain ones and what happen is that it starts off well but around the middle and end it will start to Not only go out of sync but repeat itself as the clip ends, So weird!

My iMac is new (January), all the system requirements are met, got enough memory and ram and this is only a short 18 min film, i'm using HDV, and am so confused...

Please help!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Audio sync issue on MC 6.5
on Apr 4, 2013 at 12:33:27 am

Have you transcoded these clips, or only AMAing them? And they are HDV? From what camera?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

mynor rodriguez
on Apr 4, 2013 at 7:38:17 pm

Shane, thanks for responding.

I have not transcoded them because i don't know what that is quite frankly, just AMAing them.

The clips are all HDV from a store bought Samsung H200 series camera

Do you believe transcoding them will do the trick? I figured all clips were ready to edit soon after import.

Might there be too much data at one time?

Any suggestions and questions are welcomed, thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 4, 2013 at 8:10:00 pm

[mynor rodriguez] "I have not transcoded them because i don't know what that is quite frankly, just AMAing them."

OK...I don't want to sound snarky here, but that is something that you should know about. Before you begin editing, it is wise to know how your edit system works. What the proper workflows are for bringing in footage. Transcoding is a very basic function, and one vital to editing successfully in Avid Media Composer.

AMA is Avid Media ACCESS. This is Avid's way of interfacing with tapeless media. But one should not edit footage that has only been AMA'd. Avid craves Avid media, and Avid media structure (organization) in order to work properly. This means that you need to consolidate (if the media is a format Avid works with natively, like HDV, XDCAM, P2), or transcode to Avid media (DNxHD) if it is a format like AVCHD, H.264, AVCHD...and so on. Avid's world class media management only works if the media is in the proper file structure...Media hard drive>Avid MediaFiles>MXF>1...2... and so on.

Avid is NOT designed to work with most media formats natively, via AMA. Marketing might say this, but reality is different. If you want to work with media natively, you need to look at Adobe Premiere...and get a machine with fast processors, lots of RAM, and a good graphics card that enables the Mercury Engine.

[mynor rodriguez] "Do you believe transcoding them will do the trick?"

Yes, because that's how Avid is designed to work.

[mynor rodriguez] "Might there be too much data at one time?"

No. Media not in the Avid media format, or the Avid media structure, can cause issues like sluggishness and sync loss.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

mynor rodriguez
on Apr 4, 2013 at 9:13:50 pm

I appreciate your help here, I had no idea about any of this...thank you for your time Shane!

Mynor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]