FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA Linked Final Version Now What?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Bruhn
AMA Linked Final Version Now What?
on Mar 29, 2013 at 10:13:38 pm

Hello Folks,

Against all odds I have been editing via AMA linked volumes for the life of my current project. The project is a feature documentary and was all shot on Panasonic HVX-200 in 720PN 23.976 and dumped onto my 8TB Raid, then linked AMA virtual volumes for the duration of the editing. Now I have transcoded the sequence, can someone help me out on what I should do at this point as I have a few more edits to preform before pic lock. should i forget about the transcoded sequence and just finish up with the AMA Linked final sequence and then what?

Thank you for any advice,
-B

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AMA Linked Final Version Now What?
on Mar 29, 2013 at 11:13:25 pm

Why did you transcode before you had picture lock? Actually, why did you transcode at all? DVCPRO HD P2 is MXF...Avid works with that natively.

I say go back to the sequence BEFORE you transcoded and edit until you have picture lock. THEN do what you plan to do.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brian Bruhn
on Mar 30, 2013 at 10:09:55 pm

Thank you for the reply! I only transcoded because it seemed that the AMA volumes repeatidly became off line so I kept having to re-link each volume to bring all of my media back online.

-B

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
on Mar 31, 2013 at 7:03:41 pm

No, actually you can continue with your transcoded sequence, edit again with ama media. When you're finished you can transcode again and avid will only transcode the ama media. I do this all the time.

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]