FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA linking to AVCHD footage - pipe stall

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Groom
AMA linking to AVCHD footage - pipe stall
on Mar 26, 2013 at 4:55:45 pm

HI
Ive been hunting for a solution to this issue for months now to no avail.

My problem is that when i AMA link to the folder structure of AVCHD material,and I can see it in my MC 6.0.1.1, BUT when I transcode it to 185, i get an "Upstream Pipestall Error".

Ive tried doing this from SDHC the cards where shot material is, copying the folder structure to internal sata drives, loading the processor with work to slow it (as ive read that its caused by the drives being unable to write the transcoded media fast enough. Ive even changed the core affinity settings for avid so it can use different amounts of cores.
All to NO avail.

Can anyone please spot anything in my workflow that might be causing this or what i can do about it.

Im avid MC 6.0.1.1
win 7 64 pro
4 internal sata drives (all 7200rpm)

Thanks guys.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: AMA linking to AVCHD footage - pipe stall
on Mar 27, 2013 at 11:55:30 am

Two thoughts: have you tried a different transcode (not from AVCHD material) and...I think there is a later version of 6 (meaning you should upgrade to 6.0.whatever)

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Author/Master Instructor/Speaker/Consulting
My contact info and more
New! Come see me speak @ NAB/Post Production World!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Mar 27, 2013 at 3:25:03 pm

HI Jeff
Yes , transcoding from Sony ex1 BPAV folder structures works 100% correctly.

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Adam Paez
on Mar 28, 2013 at 8:26:17 am

This is pretty common for me too. It happens in 5.5 as well. I've then had succes to importing regularly but this still causes the same error message to pop up regularly so you can't just leave the computer without worry. Another thing that pretty much makes it impossible to import is any way is if there are spanned files on the disc where the persons shooting left the camera on record for over 20 minutes at a time. This should be avoided at all cost! Especially of you don't have avid 6. Or maybe I'm missing something? I've heard that certain setups of avid 6 are faster at importing and don't have nearly as many error messages.

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Mar 28, 2013 at 9:47:48 pm

I've been having the same trouble with h.264. I did a test last week as another attempt to solve the problem and found that clips longer than 10 minutes always gave an error, yet I could transcodea large number of smaller clips.

They all should eventually transcode but for longer clips, they have to be babysat. and you shouldn't transcode more than 3 long clips at a time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]