FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple Title Tool almost ruined my life...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frederic Lumiere
Simple Title Tool almost ruined my life...
on Mar 26, 2013 at 5:30:33 am

So with the new version of MC, I decided to use the simple title tool since you can now edit the text right off the timeline... Well - let me tell you a little story:

- MC crashed my whole system so many times, my 12TB RAID got corrupted. I tried to verify it and rebuilt it, didn't work. Had to recover the data with Data Rescue 3.

5 days later, after rebuilding my RAID from scratch, moving 6 TB of mxf back and forth on temp storage... missing a major deadline. Apologizing to everyone involved and promising that we are now fine... My MC crashes the system again. I tried to do a simple export of the cut as backup so I could convert to Prores and do the score in fcp and color correction in AE. Wouldn't even let me do this! crashes the whole system again.

I closed my eyes, did self prenatal hypnosis, racking my brains as to what could I possibly have done that created this issue. All started happening after I added lower thirds! Using the simple (non marquee) title tool! For kicks, I removed all the title tool clips. No errors. No crashes. Runs smooth.

Conclusion: The title tool (non marquee) is evil.

The end. Be warned.

Return to posts index

James Beattie
Re: Simple Title Tool almost ruined my life...
on Mar 26, 2013 at 10:37:41 am

I have had issues with the title tool using different languages. What language are you using?

Thanks for the heads up.

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

Frederic Lumiere
Re: Simple Title Tool almost ruined my life...
on Mar 26, 2013 at 2:55:46 pm

US

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]