FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid FX: render a title on the timeline but need to re-render when moved ???

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCune
Avid FX: render a title on the timeline but need to re-render when moved ???
on Mar 23, 2013 at 5:26:37 am

Avid FX has full and deep title capabilities, especially regarding text.

But rendering seems to take considerable time, perhaps 8 minutes for a 10-second animated 10-word title.

OK, it is complex and requires lots of processing when rendered on the timeline.

But why does it require re-rendering when it is moved, even a few frames, up or down the track???

That means another eight minutes. This doesn't work very well as I repeatedly move it to match music, etc.

My system is not the best but no slouch: i7, 16Gig ram, several enterprise drives, Nvidia 570, etc.

Any thoughts on how this situation might be improved or how to avoid re-rendering?

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

James Beattie
Re: Avid FX: render a title on the timeline but need to re-render when moved ???
on Mar 23, 2013 at 3:28:53 pm

Avid FX is an OEM of a product called Boris Red. Think of it like bringing After Effects type of functionality to the timeline.

If you are compositing your effect over other pieces of footage, then yes you will have to re-render. However, if you are not adjusting the layers under it, you should take a moment and look at how you are using it. You could create a sequence, add the effect to video, then load that sequence into your source monitor. As long as you are not adjusting the layers beneath then it should not become unrendered. If you are doing a ton of compositing, and trying to see how it looks, then rendering again that will simply take longer to render, and there is not much to do about it.

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

Michael McCune
Re: Avid FX: render a title on the timeline but need to re-render when moved ???
on Mar 23, 2013 at 7:34:53 pm

That is a clear and very helpful response. I understand and appreciate the situation better.
Thanks again,
Mike

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Mar 24, 2013 at 12:17:00 am

Also when doing titleS in avid fx using the title matte filt
er supposed to the regular one greatly reduces render time.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]