FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon AMA Plugin problems

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schultz
Canon AMA Plugin problems
on Mar 21, 2013 at 6:08:59 pm

Anybody! Somebody! Please help!

I'm still having problems with installing my Canon AMA plugin!
Arghh!!

System: Mountain Lion 10.8.3
MC: 6.5.0

All other plugins loaded and worked properly (Panasonic P2).

For some reason, when I download the canon AMA plugin (and I've tried all of them), I'm not able to install it on my macbookPro. I double-click, it seems to open, then disappears. (Unlike all the other plugins that asked me to agree to the software license, etc, then installed properly).

Anyone else have this issue or know why it's happening?

I still can't load my C300 clips through AMA.

Thanks again

Dan S.

Return to posts index

James Beattie
Re: Canon AMA Plugin problems
on Mar 22, 2013 at 12:55:01 am

I created a link with the plugin in it for you. It is the only Canon plugin I saw that matched what you need.

Essentially you are going to move the AMA plugin into place manually.

In the Zip is a screen recording, but I created a shortcut that should put it in the right place for you. Quit the Avid, install, relaunch.

http://thebeatties.com/thecow/CanonAMA.zip

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

Daniel Schultz
on Mar 22, 2013 at 3:46:33 am

OMIGOD! IT WORKS!

After what feels like weeks of trying to make it work.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

(And the little screen video was appreciated too!!!!)

Really...thanks James!!!

Dan S.

Return to posts index

Lala Rolls
on May 29, 2015 at 4:43:06 am

James Beattie you seem to be th eon to guy on the posts about new AMA plugins links - I am on a shoot in Tahiti (from NZ) without my normal support techy genius people around. I am running AVID 8.3.1 off my MacBook Pro (which has all the right specs) and I am trying ot AMA link to footage form two cameras - Canon5DIII (files are Canon CR2 raw image) and a Sony A7s (XAVC-S files). I have downloaded any AMA software I could find off both Canon and Sony and I still cant link to them.

Help please I am a great editor but a horrible technician and having directed a big shoot on a tiny budget I am stuck in a little motel room in paradise - trapped.

Thanks a ton,

Lala

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 29, 2015 at 12:37:17 pm

Canon 5D files can be linked via the Avid QuickTime AMA plug-in. Just make sure that none of the names or folders containing the file have illegal characters in it such as / etc. Also, if using the folder version of the plug-in, there is a limit as to how high you can go, and I believe the limit is 3.

For XAVC-S, the only AMA plug-in that will work is the one from Drastic Technology - MediaReactor. This is not a free plug-in but supports lots of formats. Other than that, you would need to prep the XAVC-S files first, before going into Avid such as EditReady, Adobe Media Encoder, perhaps even Resolve and transcode to Avid friendly codec.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]