FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clips Transcode causes Avid to crash

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Schleifer
Clips Transcode causes Avid to crash
on Mar 11, 2013 at 5:39:25 pm

Hi all, I am using a Canon C300 and having some difficulty transcoding clips into Avid. We are using new Extreme Pro CF cards and from time to time a clip won't transcode. It causes Avid to shutdown and I then have to isolate the problem clip, go back to the card, replace the problem clip and retranscode. Has anyone else experienced this problem? For backup, we are using XF utility. When I compare the problem clip to the orginal, usally the file size is the same. Has anyone run into this before. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Clips Transcode causes Avid to crash
on Mar 11, 2013 at 5:58:33 pm

Are you importing from the card, or from the backup? I always import from the backup. And we used ShotPut Pro for offloading the cards, as well as a NexTO DI device. I wonder if it's the XF utility that's the issue?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Adam Schleifer
on Mar 11, 2013 at 7:03:25 pm

We go the backup drive. We don't use Shotput Pro, I had thought XF utility would check as it goes. Is Shotput pro better?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 11, 2013 at 7:17:53 pm

The utility might...I never used it. I've always relied on ShotPut Pro for I know that it verifies the data. And is fully automated.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Adam Schleifer
on Mar 11, 2013 at 10:50:13 pm

Thanks Shane. I'll look into Shotput to see if it helps

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Mar 11, 2013 at 11:33:01 pm

I've had the same problem transcoding h.264 and avchd material. I had to stop using Avid 6.5.2 altogether for my at home freelance work. I've never found a solution. If you figure something out, please post a follow up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]