FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio panning on Symphony 6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian waz
Audio panning on Symphony 6
on Mar 8, 2013 at 11:23:48 pm

On Symphony 6, is there a click and keystroke combination to mid pan a mono audio track to centre? I know we could do it in MC 5.5, Cntl or Alt click and it put is at centre. Is the only way to highlight the clip and select clip and center?
thanks
Brian

Return to posts index

brian waz
Re: Audio panning on Symphony 6
on Mar 9, 2013 at 12:20:54 am

I found clicking on the R-L area, then hitting 0, and enter centers it to mid, but still more keystrokes than the old way... any others?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 9, 2013 at 1:05:10 am

Nope. That's it.

It's been a source of much discussion and complaint...that along with the increased size of the mixer (and inability to resize), as well

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Mar 9, 2013 at 9:32:25 am

I think it also depends on your default panning settings. If you are set to Alternating L/R, ALT-clicking the pan slider seems to set it to L or R. If you are set to All Tracks centered, ALT-clicking sets it back to 0.

At least, that's what I think I noticed when I messed around with it a bit.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 9, 2013 at 4:08:22 pm

"I think it also depends on your default panning settings. If you are set to Alternating L/R, ALT-clicking the pan slider seems to set it to L or R. If you are set to All Tracks centered, ALT-clicking sets it back to 0"

Yeah. I hate that behavior. I would think Alt clicking would make more sense to do the opposite of the default....as all your clips would normally already be in that position. Alt-Clicking would do nothing in most cases. Maybe a good compromise would be Shift-Alt to do the opposite of the default.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]