FORUMS: list search recent posts

PROBLEM: Both 'Resize' and '3D Warp' affect all video tracks below the intended track.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darragh Moran
PROBLEM: Both 'Resize' and '3D Warp' affect all video tracks below the intended track.
on Feb 28, 2013 at 6:46:22 pm

Hi, so I'm hoping I have hair left in my head to pull out by the time I solve this problem.

Basically I'm removing a green screen from a shot in V2 and the intended background I need to use is in V1. With the green screen removed I now simply just want to move the shot in V2 from left side of screen to right side of screen, however every time I try to keyframe this motion, both VI AND V2 are moved. Basically, it's as if the effect doesn't recognize the two shots as separate tracks.

I've scoured the internet for a solution and can't seem to find one so I'm hoping you can help.

Thanks,

Darragh.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: PROBLEM: Both 'Resize' and '3D Warp' affect all video tracks below the intended track.
on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:01:06 pm

What are you using to key the green out? If it's Boris, use the position parameters of the key effect to move it. If it's Spectramatte I think you can promote it to 3D and use the position parameters of that to move the layer. Both of these options leave the background unaffected.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Darragh Moran
Re: PROBLEM: Both 'Resize' and '3D Warp' affect all video tracks below the intended track.
on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:08:16 pm

So simple.

Thanks a million Michael, much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:19:18 pm

Glad it worked. But the issue you were having is a long standing complaint about Avid. They desperately need to overhaul the effects architecture. It can be quite painful to work with at times.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]