FORUMS: list search recent posts

all of my media went offline after exporting an online sequence

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mr dirden
all of my media went offline after exporting an online sequence
on Feb 26, 2013 at 12:08:57 pm

hey, all of my projects media went offline and I can't figure out how to fix it. Help will be appreciated:

I've edited a sequence. I duplicated it and took my Avid MediaFiles folder offline by renaming it to "xAvid MediaFiles". I then relinked my duplicated sequence to the AMA's, got it in online quality from my external hard drive.

I had a problem because I had a bin of 50fps material open from another project. This would not go online, because in the 50fps project it was imported and not ama-linked. So I went to the 50fps project and batch-imported it. Forgetting I've renamed my mediafiles folder, it obviously created a new one...

Back to the 25fps project - all is online, I export. Export over - I delete the new Avid MediaFiles folder, and rename the original one with deleting the "x". I now have a well named folder. Yet, all of the media in all of my projects is offline - none(!) available.

I tried going back to that 50fps project, all is offline also. I batch import again the same clip - it batch imports into my well named original Avid MediaFiles folder. Now - it is available in all of my projects (also in the 25fps project of course). But no other clip is available !!

Tried relinking with no limits of format or drive - I get the following message:
"one or more clips were brought online when the media databases were loaded. No clips were relinked."

any idea?.... :-/
thanx

Return to posts index

mr dirden
Re: all of my media went offline after exporting an online sequence
on Feb 26, 2013 at 12:29:48 pm

now I've noticed that I don't have the msmMMOB file in my original Avid MediaFiles folder, so what I did is:

- rechanged again the name with an "x" on the start
- Restored the Avid MediaFiles I've deleted, which contains only the batched imported 50fps clip, which has of course an msmMMOB file.
- Waiting for further instructions how to get all of my materials in my original, now named "xAvid MediaFiles", get recognized again by Avid...

Return to posts index

mr dirden
Re:problem solved
on Feb 26, 2013 at 1:13:15 pm

just deleted the index files, let avid do the scanning, all is up again. fewwhhh :)

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
Re: Re:problem solved
on Feb 26, 2013 at 5:29:46 pm

just as an FYI, you dont have to bring the transcoded media offline to relink to AMA.

Just open all the AMA bins, highlight all the clips, highlight the sequence and relink. I just found about this too, save you rom alot of potential errors.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

mr dirden
Re: Re:problem solved
on Feb 26, 2013 at 7:43:19 pm

thanx :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]