FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scriptsync equivalent/competitor

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david grantham
Scriptsync equivalent/competitor
on Feb 26, 2013 at 5:02:47 am

New to MC with 6.0, I'm putting Scriptsync through the paces. Anyone know if there's a competing plug-in with the same function to compare it to? Somewhere on-line I thought I'd seen reference to an alternative, but I can't seem to find it.

System Specs: MC 6.03.2
HP Z400, 6GB, Nvida Quadro 2000,ATTO express SAS R680 RAID Adapter, Atto Media00 SCSI Disk Device, Matrox MXO2 Mini

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Scriptsync equivalent/competitor
on Feb 26, 2013 at 7:50:30 am

The script-based editing is unrivaled, as far as I know. The ScriptSync (the actual text recognition feature that is the paid add-on) runs on software licensed from Nexidia. That also goes for PhraseFind. I think there was an FCP plugin (was it Get?) that did something similar to PhraseFind, but I've never heard nor seen anything like ScriptSync anywhere.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Scriptsync equivalent/competitor
on Feb 26, 2013 at 11:38:35 am

As Job says, ScriptSync or Script Based editing is unique to Avid and parts of it protected by patents. The ability to index and sync the text phonetically to the text is powered by Nexidia. Before that, users would (and still can) index manually in real time (the red record button at the top of the UI). Adobe Premiere Pro has something reminiscent of ScriptSync but takes a very different approach where the script is attached to each clip whereas ScriptSync has clips attached to a script.

PhraseFind is ad-hoc searching of spoken dialog. That functionality too is powered by Nexidia and can be found in the original Get and Soundbite (Boris) available for FCP, FCPX, Premiere Pro, and recently as an add-on to CATDV (Dialogue Search). More on these solutions and the technology of phonetic indexing and search can be found on their website at:
http://www.nexidia.com/media/

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]