FORUMS: list search recent posts

EDL Output - Filenames linking to MSMMMOB.45

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erwin Fraterman
EDL Output - Filenames linking to MSMMMOB.45
on Feb 25, 2013 at 11:14:24 pm

Hello,

Strange thing just happened, I have to sent over an EDL (FILE_32) and the shot is linking to MSMMMOB.45 instead of the actual filename. I have never seen this before, does anyone know a solution?

EDIT: The DIT who gave me the files did not export an ALE and the mediatool wasn't finding the MXFs either (After indexing), We solved it than by dragging the DB file into a bin and that did the trick. However now I see the TAPENAMES are all msmMMOB.somenumber. Before changing the filenames I did save the unique filenames into another column so i CAN matchback and find out which file it is. But is there any way to fix this issue?

MC6.5 • Mac Pro

Return to posts index

Erwin Fraterman
Re: EDL Output - Filenames linking to MSMMMOB.45
on Feb 25, 2013 at 11:58:46 pm

Phew, luckily I found a fix;
Before I started breaking down, I've put all the filenames into LABROLL and changed the settings in EDL Manager to grab the LABROLL instead of the TAPE NAME and that did the trick.

So it's always smart to duplicate the filename list into LABROLL.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 26, 2013 at 1:37:52 am

The issue to start with is usually because the dailies were made without a REEL ID being assigned before making the MXF wrapped DNxHD dailies. I have seen several videos online on making dailies skipping this crucial step.

As an FYI, EDL Manager allows for Labroll, Camroll, and SoundRoll as options for Sources in an EDL in addition to the Tape/Source File.

Michael

Return to posts index

Pratik Shah
on May 22, 2014 at 5:30:58 pm

Can you please tell me how did you do that? I am facing the same issue.
If I double match-frame and overwrite the subclip with the source file the edl comes out fine.
Please help me save such a lengthy process.

Return to posts index

Erwin Fraterman
on May 22, 2014 at 5:43:20 pm

Pratik, when I started breaking down the dailies, I copied the filename column into the Labroll and Camroll, this way I was able to use these in EDL Manager, instead of the Tapename.

Return to posts index

Pratik Shah
on May 22, 2014 at 7:23:54 pm

Thanks for such a quick response Erwin. So I am guessing you had to do that individually for each and every clip. And before you made subclips.
I am at Online stage. Is there any other way to deal with this issue?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 22, 2014 at 7:56:01 pm

When you see strange names like that in the TAPE column, it's because the original dailies were done incorrectly when setting REEL. Most likely done in Resolve, and I blogged about this here where I've seen both TAPE and SOURE FILE be black!:
http://24p.com/wordpress/?p=24

You were lucky to have had the original filename still in the bin and copied it to another column. Many times is in the NAME column which people change and then you've lost it.

Since you do have the original file name, all you have to is AMA link to all your camera originals and do a relink to selected setting up proper source and timecode column.

I did a Moviola Webinar last week available for replay/rental where I show this process:

http://moviola.com/webinars/4k-with-avid-blackmagic-design/

Although it was geared towards Blackmagic camera files, the process is the same.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]