FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intuos 5M pen and Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin lewis
Intuos 5M pen and Avid
on Feb 21, 2013 at 11:55:03 am

Has anyone been using the new Wacom with Avid?

is it a worth while buy, I know it works well with Adobe and apparently FCP, My hope is to get one and program it so the keys do the same in all programs making it easier to jump between FCP, Avid and Adobe on a job to to job basis.

Would love your thoughts?

Robin

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Intuos 5M pen and Avid
on Feb 21, 2013 at 11:22:54 pm

You are thinking of it for the touch screen aspect of it?

I think this might be a bit more gimiky for an edit application than it would be for a painting application.

I have a Intuos 4 which i use for Avid DS, but not for MC. Have always preferred the mouse for Media Composer, and the pen for DS.

Having said that, i always have one hand on the keyboard, and one on the tablet, so I don't actually use any of the buttons on the tablet...just the pen itself.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Robin lewis
on Feb 22, 2013 at 9:49:07 am

I bought the pen only version, thought the touch was over priced. Im really interested in utilizing the buttons and on the Intuos 5 (im not sure about the 4) the touch wheel can have three modes set to it, so you could use it to scrub your timeline, step frame by frame on your time line, zoom in and out ECT the I think you have 8 buttons so a quick guess at some useful tools could be applied,

1. Set in
2. Set out
3. Insert
4, Over write,
5, Delete,
6, Trim
7, Slip
8, Mute Clip

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 22, 2013 at 2:40:22 pm

I think i'm just too old school..or maybe just too old? I have to have that keyboard at my hands, unless i can get every button i need on one device. Half the buttons don't cut it for me.

I also have an Avid transport controller which i like. It allows a good chunk of buttons to be mapped to it.
(not sure if it works with FCP)

I also have been playing with the G13 pad. Tons of buttons, but will take some serious muscle memory to make using it a habit. It could definitely replace a keyboard.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Robin lewis
on Feb 23, 2013 at 9:48:31 am

I think people struggled with speed whilst trying to edit with Wacoms and have all but given up, I cannot find any editing related recent reviews or useful comments on how it interacts with the different NLE's (except for Wacoms official Adobe video)

Yet I feel now with the touch ring it's worth giving it a fresh look at, will be happy to report back when I have had time to set it up and use it on all three NLE's.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]