FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound Devices PIX 240 fails to AMA or Fast Import

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
Sound Devices PIX 240 fails to AMA or Fast Import
on Feb 19, 2013 at 8:53:23 pm

I have been getting footage recorded on a PIX 240 for a while. It was all recorded 1080i/59.94/DNxHD 145 and it all came in via Fast Import or AMA and consolidate fine. I received a new batch recently and it was recored 1080p/23.98/DNxHD 115. It will not Fast Import or AMA link/Consolidate (I get an error message that it is a "Foreign Compression Type). The original batches were shot on the Canon C300 and this latest batch was on a Sony F3. We are on Avid MC 6.0.3.

Has anyone had this problem?

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Sound Devices PIX 240 fails to AMA or Fast Import
on Feb 20, 2013 at 5:08:23 pm

The same thing happens in a 1080p/23.976 project type?

Michael

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Feb 20, 2013 at 6:32:09 pm

Michael, Yes it does. When I import in a 23.98 project it will not Fast Import (it does import fine, just not fast) or AMA-Consolidate. The DP also told me they have the latest firmware loaded on the PIX (I heard that not having the latest firmware might be a problem).

Scott Davis

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Feb 20, 2013 at 6:50:09 pm

I ran into weird issues with this lately, where our online house was delivering our CTM's to us as Quicktime files. Hitting CMD-I revealed that the files were indeed DNxHD, framerates matched, and we could determine what flavor of DNxHD by the datarate. That said, no matter what we set our import settings to, it would not fast import.

I have a suspicion that if you have different versions of the Avid Codecs LE or PE installed on your systems, this might be the result. Just a theory though.

As applicable to your situation, I wonder if the DNxHD codec created by the Pix240 is based upon a specific version of the DNxHD Quicktime codec, and your system might have a newer version which would explain this.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Feb 20, 2013 at 10:32:09 pm

It might. I went back, as a test,and was able to both Fast Import and AMA/Consolidate 1080i/DNxHD/59.94 material fine from about 6 months ago.

Scott Davis

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
on Jun 3, 2013 at 8:22:32 pm

I'm wondering if a fix was ever found for this issue. as I am having the same problem. Except my footage is 1080i60 dnxhd 145 mov from a Sony f3. Weird thing is some of the footage will fast import or consolidate just fine while other clips will not.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]