FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID TIMECODE Transferral ?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sharif Al-Haj
AVID TIMECODE Transferral ?
on Feb 19, 2013 at 6:19:40 pm

Hi all,

This might be very simple to many of you but I could sure use a helping hand on this one.

We are at the very beginning stages of digitalizing our video tape library. We are doing so through AVID, however, we need the exact same time codes of the tape to be transferred to the media files. Might sound easy if the tape started out at 00:00:00 but it doesn't. The tape has all sort of different time codes and we need them to be all transferred into Avid. Without the time codes the digital files won't do us any good.

Please if anyone knows a way how to go about this I would greatly appreciate!

Many Thanks!

All the Best!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVID TIMECODE Transferral ?
on Feb 19, 2013 at 6:29:50 pm

As long as your deck has deck control, and you capture with a device that controls that deck...and you have TC checked in the capture box, it will capture the tape timecode. That's one of the basic fundamental things Avid does. It's main design is as a database...making DARN SURE to track timecode and reel number. It was originally designed as an "offline only" editor...meaning it didn't do full quality. It relied on other systems to assemble things full res. In order to do that, it needed to capture the proper tape timecode.

So yes...it will do that, as long as your deck offers that option, and you use an authorized Avid capture device (DX hardware, AJA, Blackmagic, Matrox).

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]