FORUMS: list search recent posts

New MC 6.5 AMA Workflow? Seems different from 6.0/5.5

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Michael
New MC 6.5 AMA Workflow? Seems different from 6.0/5.5
on Feb 19, 2013 at 12:13:07 am

Hello,

I'm starting a new project shot of 7D, going to edit in MC 6.5. I don't have a heck of a lot of drive space at the moment, so I figured I could do a DNX36 transcode of the AMA's volumes - lock - relink to ama - then upres. I'm having a heard time figuring out how to relink via ama from a sequence in 6.5. The relink dialogue is different and there is no "allow relinking to AMA" checkbox (for example).

I've got a test sequence that I want to sort through first to make sure I won't hit any hiccups, otherwise I'm just going to cut full res and forget offlining.

I was not given the source footage in it's original folder structure - they were all broken down by scene (I can still AMA volume them no problem). I copied these files to my work drive to do the AMA and transcode.

I can't figure out how to get them to relink. I've renamed the AvidMedia folder to hide it, I've tried relink by "start time and file name", "relink to AMA" is greyed out unless I am working with a clip that has not been transcoded.

I think I must be missing something obvious in 6.5. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: New MC 6.5 AMA Workflow? Seems different from 6.0/5.5
on Feb 19, 2013 at 1:40:20 am

AMA to all your clips again, highlight them all (even in different bins), highlight sequence, then do a relink. In the dialog box try "relink to selected.

Michael

Return to posts index

David Michael
on Feb 19, 2013 at 5:02:08 am

Crazy. It worked! I'm not nuts though right? That was not intuitive at all and in fact seems like a glitch?

So, I guess my workflow will be - transcode all to DNX35. Keep all AMA clips in a bin for the future. When locked, open AMA bin and highlight all the clips along with the lock sequence - relink with that option selected. That should suffice, right?

Thanks for getting back. I feel like I read this in another thread and tried it or didn't quite get it and it just didn't click for me. So sorry if this is a repeat.

-David

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 19, 2013 at 2:46:49 pm

That is what i'm finding is one of the "keys". Everyone seems to want to delete the original ama links once
the transcode is done. It is much easier to put them in their own bin and ignore them until it
is time to do the relink. Then they are all in one place, easy to do a select all and relink

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]