FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF does not transfer correct audio to resolve

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Levanti
AAF does not transfer correct audio to resolve
on Feb 15, 2013 at 5:53:10 pm

Doing the offline for a short shot on the red scarlet, I did my transcodes within avid and used autosync to sync our externally recorded audio to the video files using in and out points.

Now it's time to send out an aaf to resolve, but when I do so, it keeps bringing in the cameras audio file, which is silence, not the synced dual system audio.

This problem happened to me the other week when sending an aaf of a dslr project to resolve. The audio carried over into resolve... but it was the scratch audio from the camera, not the good audio from the recorder. In this case, the audio was not synced using autosync and was instead manually lined up once the cut was done based on the scratch audio.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going wrong?

edit- also, off topic, but what is the easiest way to move an entire project from one drive to another? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AAF does not transfer correct audio to resolve
on Feb 16, 2013 at 12:20:52 am

Resolve is not an audio conform application but it does allow for you to bring in a reference track for the conform stage. Export a WAV (BWF) from Media Composer to use as reference. Only export V tracks for Resolve conform.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]