FORUMS: list search recent posts

Running MC 6 with Parralel/Windows 7 on 2011 imac. OK idea?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Powell
Running MC 6 with Parralel/Windows 7 on 2011 imac. OK idea?
on Feb 13, 2013 at 5:59:48 am

I've been told that MC runs better on Windows and I'm hoping it might solve my h.264 transcode problem. Are there any potential pitfalls? Also would there be any pitfalls to having MC installed on both OSX and Windows 7 parallel? The purpose would be to output prores if need be by saving the Windows originated project, and output to prores from the Mac side.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Running MC 6 with Parralel/Windows 7 on 2011 imac. OK idea?
on Feb 13, 2013 at 12:13:58 pm

I think the "works better on a PC" is something that may have been true in the past, and perhaps still true when connecting many systems on a Unity/Interplay type scenario - but from a single standalone application, I have found no real differences in stability between Mac and PC and I run both. Perhaps others have had difference experiences.

If standalone is what you are doing, just run MC on the Mac and not tie up CPU resources and memory running another OS, etc.

Michael

Return to posts index

David Powell
Re: Running MC 6 with Parralel/Windows 7 on 2011 imac. OK idea?
on Mar 8, 2013 at 7:28:53 pm

Hey Michael the only reason I'd do it, is because MC is completely unusable for me at this point with dslr footage. I get an error every time I try to transcode a bin full of clips. I was hoping maybe this was a mac issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]