FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTFS vs HFS+

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Brueckner
NTFS vs HFS+
on Feb 12, 2013 at 11:05:20 pm

Hey folks,

I'm currently in the process of reworking my workflow hardware-side and as a part of this process I'm deciding on a standard Hard Drive format. I work on both a Windows-based desktop and on a MacBook pro pretty well equally, and I have both Tuxera (for NTFS on Mac) and MacDrive (for HFS+ on Windows).

Basically, I'm wondering whether Avid tends to work better with HFS+ via MacDrive on Windows, or with NTFS via Tuxera on OSX.

I have had a small issue that I believe is related to an HFS+ drive I've been working with the last few weeks going through MacDrive on Windows right now, where I am unable to create folders for my bins. It could be something else, but given the troubleshooting I've done I don't see it being anything else. Anyone had any experience with either of these configurations?

I will note that I plan on sticking with the proper drive format for the platform I decide on using as my main Avid station, but there will likely be projects that I get on one drive type or the other that I can't do anything about.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Abrams
Re: NTFS vs HFS+
on Feb 14, 2013 at 5:07:22 pm

Avid audio (Pro Tools) recommends Windows users use MacDrive for accessing HFS+ volumes. You may want to open a ticket with Avid video about what you are seeing. I haven't tried this in a video workflow (MC or Symphony).

--
Jonathan S. Abrams, CEA, CEV, CBNT
Apple Certified - Technical Coordinator (v10.5) Support Professional (v10.6 and v10.7)
Vice-Chairman, NY section, AES

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]