FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid 5.5 - WAVs not relinking after copying to drive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erwin Fraterman
Avid 5.5 - WAVs not relinking after copying to drive
on Feb 12, 2013 at 9:04:13 pm

Hello,

We have been working on a project that I'd like to sent out on a drive, so I copied all the media folders to the drive, copied the project, unmounted all the previous Media drives and 80% gets relinked to the external drive automatically.

And the 80% is just the wave files. What I noticed is that it's just the files from the BOOM that are causing this problem, the other audio relinked fine. Unlink/relink didn't do the trick unfortunately.

I also tried Batch Import - offline files, and they show up in red, but when i select the the new location the following comes up:
"You cannot import this file into a bin."

I'm thinking this might have to do because the MXF for these files are in 3 parts? (DAY4045.WAA01.CCE6150C0DF81.mxf / DAY4045.WAA02.CCE6150C0DF81.mxf / DAY4045.WAA03.CCE6150C0DF81.mxf)

Does anyone have any idea how to get these files relinked back to the drive?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kenton VanNatten
Re: Avid 5.5 - WAVs not relinking after copying to drive
on Feb 13, 2013 at 4:30:45 pm

Where did the .wav files come from? Are they music? Or sound that was recorded in a double system setup? How were they brought into the project originally?

the files you reference are .mxf, you cant import those. - Thats the media that Avid created when you imported the footage originally. Or are you saying ".wav" when you mean audio media in general?

---
Kenton Van Natten

Return to posts index

Erwin Fraterman
on Feb 13, 2013 at 6:14:08 pm

Very strange, I've removed the database a couple of times before, just tried it again and suddenly it just popped up correctly. I'm not exactly sure what changed, but luckily Avid managed to relink it back!

The .wav files came from the boom mic. They were just dragged into the project and Avid created the MXF media. I know I cannot import MXF media, I was referencing to the MXF media Avid created of the original WAV audio files :)

Thanks for the help!

All the best,

Return to posts index

Kenton VanNatten
on Feb 13, 2013 at 6:25:17 pm

Cool, glad it ended up correcting itself.

---
Kenton Van Natten

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]