FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to export .SRT from AVID

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Prerna Saigal
How to export .SRT from AVID
on Feb 12, 2013 at 7:25:37 am

Hi all

I am working in a project where th editing is happening in New York (AVID) and rest in India.
My question is what should I ask my editor to give me to make an english subtitle document reel-wise with time code spotting and .srt files.
In FCP I found an interesting site http://www.acsoul.com/FCxmlSubtitleXtractor/ where I duplicated the project. Delete everything except the subtitle track. Deleted the empty audio/video tracks and had just one video track which has subs and one audio track.
then exported the XML. then uploaded it and got .srt and TC spotted subtitles. This process took me hardly 20 mins and I had everything with me.
Is there a way in AVID where I can do the same?
Any information would help a lot!
Looking forward to getting a solution.

Thanks

Prerna

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: How to export .SRT from AVID
on Feb 12, 2013 at 12:27:29 pm

If your editor has made these subtitles using the SubCap effect, it's as simple as opening Effects Mode for one of the subtitles, choose Caption Files -> Export Caption Data, and you can export a .txt or an. STL (EBU19) file. Takes no more than five seconds.

You may need some software to convert to .SRT if that's what you require. Probably Belle Nuit's SubTitler would do a great job on that conversion (there's a trial version that will allow you to make sure it works for you).

Return to posts index

Strat Theo
Re: How to export .SRT from AVID
on May 25, 2017 at 12:32:40 pm

I followed these steps again and again and nothing happens. Is it possible that a plug in is missing from my Avid? I cant immagine what else could be the problem. Normaly is a simple process

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]