FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame-View Question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam White
Frame-View Question
on Feb 10, 2013 at 8:53:27 pm

I'm fairly new to Avid and have noticed a few little things whilst working on it that I could perhaps be doing more efficiently.

In FCP, I make heavy use of the "good" column, ticking any clips that are of particular note. Doing so helps me quickly whittle down the shot choices when it comes to editing. Obviously in FCP, I can have the "good" column and thumbnails on display at the same time.

So my question is, what would be a similar solution for Avid? I want to ideally have thumbnails and an indicator showing clips I marked as good within the same view. So far in Avid I have been either marking clips I consider "good" in green or ticking a custom column I made for "good" clips. This is fine in Text view, but when I switch to Frame-view (as sometimes I will as it's easier to see what I'm looking for) this information of what clips I marked "good" isn't on view anywhere. Is there a different setting somewhere that could remedy this?

Many thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Frame-View Question
on Feb 10, 2013 at 8:59:19 pm

What if you looked your footage in script view and then added comments on good or not?

In List view, you can add a "Frame" in column view - just like FCP

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Author/Master Instructor/Speaker/Consulting
My contact info and more

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Frame-View Question
on Feb 11, 2013 at 9:08:12 pm

Another option is to use Custom Sift. Go through a bin in list view. Create a custom column and add an "x" by any clip that you want. Use Custom Sift to filter for "x" in that custom column. Then view the bin in list, frame or script view. Show Unsifted to see the full contents of the bin again.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]