FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to bring 50fps into 25fps project for clean Slow Motion

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mr dirden
Best way to bring 50fps into 25fps project for clean Slow Motion
on Feb 9, 2013 at 8:47:02 pm

Hey - as the title suggests, I am working on a 1080/25p project and I want to bring 720/50p into it for a beautiful clean slow motion without losing any frames. What is the best to do in order to achieve that and try to avoid any difficulties in the relink/batch to online?

1. ignoreQTrate True and then real import of the files transcoded
2. setAMAQTForcedFrameRate True 25.000, then link to AMA then transcode
3. real import of the 50p clips into a 720/50p project, then opening that bin from the 1080/50p project and editing with it

what do you think guys?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Best way to bring 50fps into 25fps project for clean Slow Motion
on Feb 9, 2013 at 9:11:46 pm

All of them will work, although the first requires the source clip has no audio. Method 1 and 2 also only apply to QT files, AFAIK. The third method has a downside, which is that you will need to set the speed for each timeline segment, whereas the other methods will give you slowed down source clips to work with.

Return to posts index

mr dirden
on Feb 9, 2013 at 10:25:54 pm

Thanx for the answer. Do you have any idea why

1. when I ignoreQTrate and import the material is slowed but looks "jumpy" a bit
2. when I setQTForcedFrameRate all the clips are not full, meaning not lasting like the originals and been cut out somewhere in the middle
3. when I bring them from a bin of a 720p/50 they look the best, clean and smooth

?

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Feb 10, 2013 at 8:05:42 am

1. That should not be happening, but again, if there's audio involved, it won't work.

2. Not sure if they fixed it in 6.5, but in 6.0 this was indeed a problem. The clip itself has timecode and duration, slowing the content down means that only part of the actual footage shows up.

3. Not sure if that allows stretching beyond the clip's end. Should look no different than 2, as a frame is a frame is a frame.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]