FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combining 4 different avid projects into one.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Merker
Combining 4 different avid projects into one.
on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:31:49 am

Hello,

I am currently working on an Avid (Avid Media Composer 6) show where 4 different editors and AEs created for separate 1 hour segments of a 4 hour program in 4 separate projects. In these different projects many bins and clips containing the same material are labeled different names and many clips and bins containing differing media and sequences unfortunately have the same names. In addition most of the clips in the 4 different projects contain AMA media that needs to be either transcoded or reimported as non-AMA media. I am wondering if any people out there have dealt with similar situations and can give me advice on the best workflows to attack the problem of combining the 4 disparate projects into one cohesive project that neatly arranges all the bins and clips.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance, for any help and/or guidance you might be able to offer.

Michael Merker, film and television A.E.

Return to posts index

August Anderson
Re: Combining 4 different avid projects into one.
on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:15:32 am

Are you looking for the answer to a technical question or best practice?

If I'm reading that right, it sounds like you just have a lot of grunt work to do. To combine the projects you just need to collect the bins into one project and start parsing though it.

August Anderson

QRSlate QR-Code Film Slate
• App: http://www.qrslate.com
• 

Return to posts index

Michael Merker
Re: Combining 4 different avid projects into one.
on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:32:08 am

I guess it is mostly a best practice question.

I was thinking of renaming all of the bins in the separate projects, consolidating/transcoding all of the AMA media and then importing all of the bins into a new large master project.

Does that sound right?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]