FORUMS: list search recent posts

Switching back to Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Moore
Switching back to Avid
on Feb 1, 2013 at 10:37:30 pm

I'm not sure what to title this question, however, this is the best I got...

I was using Avid MC6 and since it didn't play well with the .aep files I switched to Premiere and AE... I need to go back to a previous (Avid MC6) version... It shows the timeline layouts perfectly, however, since I physically moved the drives and now have those GSpeed drives on the network, I need to remount the drives and relink all the MXF files on the "new" drive...

I realize the drive isn't new but the point is the same...

How do I mount the already existing drive and relink the media in AVID? Can I do in a batch or is it going to be uber time consuming to do it one off???

ANY help would be awesome!

Thanks!
Ted

f•media

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Switching back to Avid
on Feb 1, 2013 at 11:57:10 pm

I am assuming the media was in the Avid managed "Avid MediaFiles" folder? If so, that folder just needs to be at the root level of the media drive. When MC launches it indexes that folder for all media and links automatically to any of the clips in the bin.

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Feb 2, 2013 at 12:09:47 am

In addition, if this is an actual network drive you need to open the console (cmd+6 on a Mac or Ctrl+6 on a PC) and type "alldrives" without the quotes. Hit return. This forces Avid to see network drives as available media drives. Relaunch the program and see if your media is back online.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Kenton VanNatten
on Feb 2, 2013 at 2:23:21 am

I'm intrigued by your comment about .aep files not working in Avid. .aep files are the After Effects project files. The normal workflow is to render out .movs and import them. I don't know any other NLE (besides I'm assuming Premiere), that would allow you to import the .aep file directly.

---
Kenton Van Natten

Return to posts index

Ted Moore
on Feb 2, 2013 at 2:49:37 pm

Thanks @Michael! I will certainly try those solutions you offered...

@Kenton, yes, .aep files can be dragged onto the timeline and used as media in lieu of redering out quicktimes within Premiere...

We do so many animations it has cut our time in production to NOT have to render QT's then fix then re render when you can just use Dynamic Link and literally drag it onto the timeline...

f•media

Return to posts index

Kenton VanNatten
on Feb 2, 2013 at 4:36:57 pm

Thanks for the info about using AE projects in Premiere. I can definitely see how that would be efficient.

---
Kenton Van Natten

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]