FORUMS: list search recent posts

Starting a project in Symphony

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Edwards
Starting a project in Symphony
on Jan 31, 2013 at 11:03:19 pm

Hi,

I was wondering, if you start a project in Symphony, would you be able to switch back and forth with that and Media Composer 6 without any issues? Symphony is on my tower, Media Composer is on my laptop. I want to ama/ingest the files through the tower as it would be faster.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Starting a project in Symphony
on Jan 31, 2013 at 11:09:27 pm

Yeah...no problem. The differences are minor, and not anything you'll run into issues with. I did this all the time. Prod company started a project on MC6, I worked on it in Symphony 6.5, sent it back to their MC6...no problems. Well, the only issue there was audio configuration, I could play back more tracks in real time than their project could...I had an upgraded feature there. But exact number MC to exact number Symphony. NO problem at all.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

William Edwards
on Feb 2, 2013 at 6:15:00 pm

Thank you Shane!

Return to posts index

Scott Cole
on Feb 3, 2013 at 12:21:49 am

I have to imagine that Symphony Color Corrections would have a problem playing back on MC? Don't know for sure, just an educated guess.

M. Scott Cole
Senior Post Production Editor
60 MINUTES
CBS News, NYC
sc6@cbsnews.com
mscottc@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Feb 4, 2013 at 11:41:43 pm

Straight colour correction should translate but certainly if you had used secondary then that would not come across. The only things that don't translate are Symphony only features. Like Shane says the extra audio tracks or secondary CC are the obvious ones that come to mind.
There may be the other odd thing but thats about it and there is not usually any issue in actually reading the project.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 FCP7
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 FCP7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]