FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fade To Color

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ober
Fade To Color
on Jan 30, 2013 at 10:51:39 pm

Hello Again,

I am trying to fade in a short video. I applied the Quick Transition fade to color. I cannot seem to get it to fade in my video it goes black to color in seemingly one frame. Yes, I have tried some adjustments to the time and changed the start from centered to starting at cut. I even rendered it.

Any ideas?

This is with Symphony 6.0.3.2 on a Mac Pro with 10.8 and 24GB RAM.

Thanks,
Robert

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Fade To Color
on Jan 31, 2013 at 12:12:52 am

It sounds like you are trying to add a fade from black at he start of your video ? If so fade to colour is the wrong way around. You need a fade from colour - however an even easier way is, assuming it is the very first shot, just add a dissolve to the front of the first shot. That will fade from black by default.
Adjust duration until you are happy.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 FCP7
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 FCP7

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jan 31, 2013 at 12:26:30 am

[Neil Patience] " You need a fade from colour - however an even easier way is, assuming it is the very first shot, just add a dissolve to the front of the first shot. That will fade from black by default."

Yep, I think I used to do that in FC Studio. Avid folks probably tired of hearing it but this is easy and other stuff is much easier in FCP (not X) and Premiere.

Nice website by the way.

Did you upgrade from Sym 6? If so, any issues? 'Bout to do that in a few days.

Marked you as resolved it.

Take it EZ,
Robert:-)

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jan 31, 2013 at 6:57:19 am

Avid folks are mostly tired of hearing that when the example given is just incorrect ;-)

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jan 31, 2013 at 3:12:41 pm

[Job ter Burg] "Avid folks are mostly tired of hearing that when the example given is just incorrect ;-)"

As I said, the quick transition is easy but other stuff is harder than it should be, such as which editing mode to be in. Last night for some reason my timeline decided to not let me insert a title mov at the start or lasso select to remove the intro fade.

Thanks Job,
Robert

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jan 31, 2013 at 12:20:18 am

Ok, Brain Fade. Should be Fade FROM Color:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]