FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error When Creating/Opening Folders

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Brueckner
Error When Creating/Opening Folders
on Jan 25, 2013 at 8:49:43 pm

Been searching for a solution for like an hour now and come up with nothing, so hopefully someone has an idea here.

Basically, Avid is refusing to open any folders I create in the project window for bin organization. I keep getting the generic error message "Exception: SYS_ERROR, status:87, msg:The parameter in incorrect." any time I try to use the drop-down arrow or double-click to open it. I can move my bins into a folder no problem, but then have to go browse to the project in explorer to get anything out again.

I have tried creating the folders in explorer first, with no luck. I've restarted Avid and rebooted the PC several times. I checked for read-write folder options, and they're fine. The only thing I can think could be causing any problem is that this is a Mac-formatted drive I'm reading with MacDrive on Windows, but this has never been an issue in the past. If it comes to it, I guess I can just edit with bins only and no folders, but I absolutely can't stand working with a mess like this that will definitely get out of hand.

Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Error When Creating/Opening Folders
on Jan 25, 2013 at 10:46:23 pm

What are the permissions set to on the project folder at the operating system level?

Michael

Return to posts index

Alex Brueckner
on Jan 25, 2013 at 10:47:06 pm

Permissions are set to Read/Write.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 26, 2013 at 12:06:49 am

Is the project on the C: drive and if so, is that the one that Mac HFS formatted?

Michael

Return to posts index

Alex Brueckner
on Jan 26, 2013 at 12:10:12 am

No, it's all off an external drive via USB. Everything else about the project seems to work; I just spent the afternoon syncing audio and all my bins and their contents are accessible.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 26, 2013 at 5:02:38 pm

Just out of curiosity/test... try copying the project folder to the internal drive and try again from there from within Media Composer.

Michael

Return to posts index

Alex Brueckner
on Jan 26, 2013 at 6:29:22 pm

Aha! Now that worked. So it probably is related to the drive itself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]