FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid codecs installation failed on a Mac

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Bernsen
Avid codecs installation failed on a Mac
on Jan 23, 2013 at 4:41:13 pm

Attempting to install the AvidCodecsLE.pkg on multiple Macs, and coming up with an "installation failed" error. I've attempted this on both a Mac Pro late 2008 running Mountain Lion 10.8.2, and a MacBook Pro mid-2010 (also on 10.8.2).

After downloading the codec package from the Avid website, and going through the installation process, the installer gives me a "The Installation Failed" error everytime, and advises me to try again (to no avail). It's telling me to contact the software manufacturer, but I'm hoping somebody here can be of assistance.

Help!

Thanks in advance,
Joel

Return to posts index

Eric Tramp
Re: Avid codecs installation failed on a Mac
on Jan 24, 2013 at 9:00:23 pm

same here - mountain lion 10.8.2.
avid codecs le 2.3.4 acts like it is installing , then FAIL

Return to posts index

Jason Morehouse
on Sep 14, 2013 at 9:49:41 am

Same here. Did you guys ever find a solution? Not much on the web about this. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Loch Phillipps
on Feb 2, 2014 at 7:34:30 pm

I am having the same problem. I'm trying to get access to different DNxHD resolutions in MC 6.5.4 running on Mac OSX 10.7.5. The installer tells me the installation has worked but in my library / quicktime folder, I see no added codecs. And I get no options other than DNxHD 444 350 X MXF in my Avid / Media Creation / Import pop up menu. This would create files that a way too large.

HELP!

Loch Phillipp
Off Ramp Films

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]