FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatic application of motion effect during mix and match

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
Automatic application of motion effect during mix and match
on Jan 11, 2013 at 4:08:33 pm

If I have a time line at 59.94, cut in 23.97 footage and mix and match applies a motion effect; is there a way to globally change all of those motion effects (for instance to a better interpolation method) after they are cut in?

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Automatic application of motion effect during mix and match
on Jan 11, 2013 at 5:20:06 pm

Not as a matter of course, but here's an idea. Edit one of your motion adapters (promote, then change). Copy that effect to a bin. Then with segment select tool, select all the segments you want to change to that effect. Once the segments are selected, double-click the saved effect in the bin to apply the effect to all selected clips.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Jan 11, 2013 at 5:34:37 pm

Strike that - I just tried it and Avid barks at you saying 'Effect does not apply'. I think it's attempting to add another Timewarp effect on top of the existing one instead of replacing it. And since there's no way of removing the motion adapter altogether to replace it with something else, I'm doubtful that this can be changed.

So now I ask, what is it that you're trying to change? Usually, with 23.976p material in a 59.94i sequence, there is one universally acceptable method and that is adding 2:3 pulldown, which MC will automatically apply, as long as the source clips are correctly identified in the Field Motion column as Progressive. So just make sure all of your 23.976p source material shows up in the bin as Progressive, and leave the default motion adapters and you're good to go.

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on May 17, 2013 at 8:21:42 am

Hello,

This not work for me.If you dont mind help me a bit more.

I have more clips with the green dot, also I promote the first clip: Motion Adapter --> Tiemwarp, I take the timewarp(effect) and put in the bin.

I select with the lasso all the clips that I like promote and push double click inside the effect (TimeWarp) and say me the same "effects don not apply"

Any person could help me. I say me how I can promote more clips in one time.

Avid media 6.0

Thank you
Sorry my bad english
Israel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]