FORUMS: list search recent posts

avid editing with multiple audio tracks

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gitta gsell
avid editing with multiple audio tracks
on Jan 7, 2013 at 6:34:03 pm

I have up to 16 external audio tracks with different timecodes. I can sync them with autosync. But than I like to hide (or nest) them so that I edit with only two audio tracks - and at the end I like to include all 16 tracks for omf export. how can I do this in avid (new her). thank you

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: avid editing with multiple audio tracks
on Jan 8, 2013 at 12:34:15 am

I like to take all my imported BWf files and autosequence them. From there I export that as AAF/OMF.

For the clip I am editing with, when AutoSyncing, I chose (in your example) a span of A1-A2 on the audio file. The resulting .sync clip will have the original V and the A1A2 of the BWF. Should you need one of the ISO tracks (3-16), you can do a match frame on the audio track only to bring up the original audio file.

When sending to ProTools, I send the AAF/OMF of the sequence(s) and the original AutoSequence of all the audio sources. Pro Tools has a variety of ways to sync to all tracks when needed.

Michael

Return to posts index

gitta gsell
on Jan 8, 2013 at 7:43:51 am

Thank you very much, Michael. I am not at the Avid right now, will try it tomorrow. have a nice day
Gitta

Return to posts index

gitta gsell
on Jan 9, 2013 at 10:45:01 am

Hi, I followed your advise: I autosynced the clips, exported them for later use in protools.
Now I can on my timeline delete my soundtracks and edit smoothli with only two and also get back to the original with match frame - all very good.
one more question: how can I get a clio in my bin with only the two soundtracks and edit from there and still get back to my original with matchframe? do I make a subclip? and how? or can I only make subsequences (this irritates because I have complete different names) - thanks for your answer
Gitta

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 9, 2013 at 1:39:17 pm

The ability to matchframe back to its original source is based on the master clip to subclip to sequence relationship created in the process. In order to match back to say an 8 track audio source clip assumes that all clips were derived from that 8 track master clip first. So if your original imported master clips is only 2 tracks, you can match back to that with matchframe. The only way to match back to the 8, would be to do what you did with the AutoSync or subclip the 8 track to a two track before syncing or using in the timeline.

Michael

Return to posts index

gitta gsell
on Jan 9, 2013 at 3:35:58 pm

Thank you - avid live is tough - but I'll manage as recommended
gitta

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]