FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoded .Sync'd clips relink to wrong audio files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Williams
Transcoded .Sync'd clips relink to wrong audio files
on Jan 7, 2013 at 4:59:30 am

Hello

I am editing a film that shot on HDCAM SR tapes. The HDCAM SR tapes were brought into Avid at DNxHD 175x. Subclips were made of each take and they were synced using Avid's Autosync feature.

After the clips were sync'd, I transcoded the whole project to DNxHD 36 and put them on smaller more portable hard drive.

The majority of the files came over without a hitch, howvere, there are a few subclips that after the transcode have the wrong audio attached to them and I'm not sure how to properly assign them (Modify didn't work).

The video is accurate but somehow Avid has linked the WRONG audio file to the subclip so I have a scene with the wrong audio track to it.

In the initial project at DNxHD 175x, this wasn't a problem so I think this has something to do with the transcode.

I've linked the original hard drive to the computer and pointed the problematic clips toward the hard drive for relinking and I've had some success with that but it doesn't uniformally correct the problem on other clips.

I'm at a loss and am trying to figure out what is the best way to proceed.

I've tried relinking, refreshing media directors, I've reimported audio files, I've tried to relink. I think I've done everything except for sync the files back together again.

Please help!

Thank you!

MY STATS +++++++++

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 6

Macbook Pro Retina 10.8.2
2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7
16 GB

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Transcoded .Sync'd clips relink to wrong audio files
on Jan 7, 2013 at 12:13:53 pm

Does the .sync clip's metadata indicate the proper audio clip? If you were to do a "seek media relatives" on both the original 175x before transcode and the 36 after transcode, they should point to the same original BWF file metadata wise. We can then back track from there.

Michael

Return to posts index

Neil Williams
on Jan 7, 2013 at 4:17:51 pm

I looked at the clips metadata in the 175x transcoded project file and in the DNxHD 36 transcoded projet and they point to different audio files.

Is there a way to alter the metadata in the DNxHD 36 project to point to the correct audio file?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:41:23 pm

Just to be anal about the process - if you were to go back to the original 17x clip and re-transcode again, would you see the same error?

I don't know of a way to force a relink by changing metadata as there is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. You can always take your incorrect .sync subclip and AutoSync again to the BWAV file and in the AutoSync window choose to remove the audio with the video clip.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]