FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get Avid Media Composer 6.5.0 to recognize .MXF files from my FS-100

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Roman
Can't get Avid Media Composer 6.5.0 to recognize .MXF files from my FS-100
on Dec 30, 2012 at 10:28:43 pm

My tools here are the Panasonic HVX200 and a FS-100 drive. i just got the firestore drive for Christmas. I'm having a difficult time getting my Avid Media Composer 6.5.0 to recognize the .mxf video files from the FS-100 drive. Below is the steps i took to try and achieve success.

1) I first plug the fs-100 into my MacPro using a firewire cable.
2) Then i get the FS-100 to connect to the MacPro.
3) I go into my Avid Media Files and create a MXF folder and the create three new files numbered 1, 2, and 3.
4) Next i take the files from my FS-100 and place them into the number 2 folder.
5) I then open up Avid Media Composer 6.5.0
6) I then go to tools 7) I select the hard drive where i placed the media files, which in my case is folder 2.
8) I select all projects, and check the two boxes below which are labeled Master Clips and Media Files.

The next window pops up with all of my media files except for the media files that i put in the number 2 folder in the MXF folder i created under Avid Media Files.

A little more information: I have my HVX200's settings set to 1080i/24f and P2 is selected on the back of my camera. I do have a p2 card that is in the camera but it is full and i found that the fs-100 won't work/record unless a p2 card is in the camera. My Fs-100 is set to DVCPROHD REC/ P2/FA Tapeless.

Sincerely,

Matthew

Any links on how i can get this to work would be great. If anyone has come across this similar problem and wouldn't mind sharing your steps for success that would be awesome too! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Can't get Avid Media Composer 6.5.0 to recognize .MXF files from my FS-100
on Dec 30, 2012 at 11:58:31 pm

Try copying the card's contents to a different folder and link to it via the MXF AMA plug-in rather than directly via the Avid MediaFiles folders. Just because they are .mxf doesn't necessarily mean that are of the exact MXF specification expected by Media Composer - OPAtom and all...

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/User_Guide/en367189

Michael

Return to posts index

Matthew Roman
on Dec 31, 2012 at 1:10:41 am

Thank you Michael for the advice. I will be trying that first thing tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!

Sincerely,

MR

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 31, 2012 at 3:03:23 pm

Have you downloaded and installed the AMA plugin for Panasonic ?

I don't think you can do this the way you are doing it, I think you need to link via AMA (and consolidate if you wish)

Return to posts index

Matthew Roman
on Jan 3, 2013 at 1:51:31 am

I have been successful seeing the footage directly off of the FS-100 in Avid but when i copy it to a file in my Avid Media folder and use the Media Tool it doesn't recognize the files.

I'm going to try and find that Ama plugin for Panasonic and see if that is my issue. Then try to link it directly. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thank you both for you help, i really appreciate it.

Thank you,

MR

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 3, 2013 at 2:30:36 am

If you have a small file to send me, I will take a look at it. The last update to the firmware was in 2008 which can be eons in this industry...

Try a site like WeTransfer or YouSend it and email me at:

michael[at]24p[dot]com

Michael

Return to posts index

Matthew Roman
on Jan 4, 2013 at 2:46:02 am

Thank you for your assistance. I will be able to send you a small file on Saturday because i'll be out of town until then. Hope you're having a great week!

Thank you,

MR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]