FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding an effect to a graphic with an alpha channel

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Jones
Adding an effect to a graphic with an alpha channel
on Dec 29, 2012 at 10:32:28 pm

I am brushing the cobwebs off my Avid skills, and have hit a bit of a roadblock here. Maybe one of you can help!

I am trying to add a BCC blur transition to a graphic that has an alpha. The graphic animates on to screen via keyframes, and I'd like to give it a little blur via BCC blur, or BCC Blur transition.

I've tried nesting the BCC transition on V2.1, 2.2, and 2.3, and none of these options are working (they are blurring the V1 layer as well, or just blurring the graphic and not the alpha).

Here's the screengrab:

I've Googled just about every combination of "nesting effects" "adding multiple effects in Media Composer" etc, and am still left hanging.

So, in short, how can I add a blur to this graphic as it animates on to the screen?

(And, as I type, I refrain from making any "ugh, this was so much easier in FCP" comments...!)

Anyhow, thanks in advance for any help.

Jennifer

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Adding an effect to a graphic with an alpha channel
on Dec 30, 2012 at 5:44:32 pm

Couple of things you can try.

easiest is probably to promote your key element to 3d, then activate the defocus controls within the 3d panel that becomes available to you.

you could also try adding a blur effect to the alpha and fill independently of each other. (double click the key to open up its nest (looks just like the screen grab you have supplied) and add the blur to both items that are showing in the video tracks above.

You would probably blur 1 item...set your keyframe effect, and then copy that blur to the second item.

I would try the 3d promotion first.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Jennifer Jones
Re: Adding an effect to a graphic with an alpha channel
on Jan 1, 2013 at 7:54:12 pm

Beautiful! Promoting to 3D / modifying defocus did the job. Thanks, Glenn!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]