FORUMS: list search recent posts

Client Wants Multiple People in Boxes speaking in Sync

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ned Miller
Client Wants Multiple People in Boxes speaking in Sync
on Dec 27, 2012 at 11:55:16 pm

I assume that some of you have been requested to do this before so I'd appreciate any advice. A client has employees all over the globe and wants them to do a Skype video, or I suppose it can just be a captured video, saying something that is THE EXACT SAME LINE as everyone else, then wants them to be in their own box (ala Brady Bunch) but may want up to 40 frames.

I will instruct them to look at the camera for 5 seconds before and after delivering their line, add a smile at the end. I will send out instructions as to framing, background,etc and may send out a 10 second example of me doing it so they know the pacing. I believe the line is just five words.

My question is: If the client wants a LOT of people simultaneously on screen do you know of any templates? Any advice? Is there any appreciable difference between having them do a Skype session vs just doing a video and sending it? I realize with Skype we can "direct" them a bit.

Many thanks,

Ned

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com
www,bizvideo.com

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
Re: Client Wants Multiple People in Boxes speaking in Sync
on Dec 28, 2012 at 1:00:32 am

My advice is i probably wouldnt use avid to do this. Not that it cant, but theres much better programs suited to handle this kinda effect.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
Re: Client Wants Multiple People in Boxes speaking in Sync
on Dec 29, 2012 at 1:22:43 am

You're perfectly capable of doing it in Avid, you'll just need lots of video and audio tracks to do it.
Use your guide track, but don't expect any of them to speak in perfect sync with it. Choose one dominant sounding and looking take. Then sync all the others to the middle or most important word of the statement. Some will look slightly out of sync, but I think that will add to the effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]