FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using 59.94 drop-frame TC in Avid MC 5.5

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Hays
Using 59.94 drop-frame TC in Avid MC 5.5
on Dec 19, 2012 at 3:58:02 pm

Is this possible? I'm transferring an FCPX project that is 720p/59.94 drop-frame to Avid. Basically just using the original clips, but using the timecode shown in the Angle viewer in FCPX. I figure if the timecode base is the same I should have no problems re-building based on TC. I haven't imported the footage files yet, just AMA linked to them and the TC base seems to be 29.97 on the source side. THe project was set up in Avid to be 720p/59.94. Shouldn't the source window TC be the same as the record window TC?

The only reason why I'm doing this ridicules thing is because FCPX is fighting me every step of my audio edit.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Using 59.94 drop-frame TC in Avid MC 5.5
on Dec 19, 2012 at 10:31:30 pm

Not necessarily. Sequence timecode can be drop or non drop depending on what the default settings are set for. If you currently have NDF and want DF, go to the sequence in the bin for START and enter the timecode you want for first frame of sequence and make sure you add ; ; ; for drop.

Michael

Return to posts index

Andrew Hays
on Dec 20, 2012 at 10:50:55 pm

DO I need to put the ; after every number or just the frames? I always thought you only needed the ; for the frames in DFTC and not the whole thing...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 22, 2012 at 10:35:42 pm

Probably just the last frames will do, but I always found it easier with my limited typing skills to not worry about changing between : and ; when typing a timecode... ;)

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]